More people are accessing the web from mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. These devices have different requirements to laptop and desktop computers. The screen is much smaller and bandwidth is smaller which means they cannot deal with large files or images as well as a computer.
Most businesses have a streamlined mobile version of their regular websites. Mobile sites are designed to be displayed on a much smaller screen paying particular attention to legibility of text. Excessive images and Flash animations are removed to ensure the website runs quickly and smoothly. This means that visitors have a much better experience when accessing from their mobile device and are more likely to visit the site again.
Advantages of having a mobile website:
- Due to the optimisaton of mobile sites its likely a smartphone user can get to the information they need more quickly than a regular visitor;
- Target customers that are on the move;
- Demonstrate professionalism and keeping ahead of the trend;
- There is a natural extension to other technologies such as Apps and social media including video.
- Google loves a mobile site so this will help with your Search Engine rankings.
- Other forms of marketing such as SMS can be bolted on to your site.
- Coupon marketing can be used when you want to drive more people to your site on any given day.
- Landing pages are ideal for split testing your marketing see our designs here